These Halloween Muddy Buddies are a quick and easy Halloween recipe that everyone will love!
My friend, Sue, has been making Cake Mix Muddy Buddies for years. It’s one of my favorite treats. The stuff is seriously like crack – white residue and addictive. So when I ran across Halloween cake mix in the store, I knew I had to put my own spin on it. Add in some Reese’s Pieces or your favorite candy and you have got yourself a party for your mouth! You have GOT to try these Halloween Muddy Buddies. FYI – there is nothing healthy about these!
Make your own Halloween Muddy Buddies!
5 cups Rice Chex
10 ounces of vanilla almond bark
1 1/2 cups of Halloween Funfetti
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pour the Rice Chex in a large bowl.
- In large ziploc bag, place the cake mix and powdered sugar. Shake to mix completely.
- Melt almond bark according to package instructions.
- Pour melted almond bark over the Rice Chex. Mix thoroughly with large spoon.
- Pour the cereal/almond bark mix into the large bag with the powdered sugar and cake mix. Zip bag closed and shake until all of the cereal is coated with the powdery mix.
- Add sprinkles and Reeses Pieces and shake again.
The flavors play off each other brilliantly! I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing they are. If you want to add some fall flavor, try substituting spice cake mix! I promise this will become your go to Halloween recipe!
Seriously. Do not make these if you are home alone. You will eat them all. Then you will feel horribly sick to your stomach and guilty because you have not eaten processed sugar in over a month.
Not that I would know or anything…
Halloween Muddy Buddies
This sweet and crunchy snack is great for big Halloween parties!
- 5 cups Rice Chex Mix
- 10 ounces white almond bark
- 3/4 cup Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Halloween sprinkles
- Reeses Pieces or Candy Corn M&Ms optional
- Place 5 cups of Rice Chex Mix is a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the cake mix and powdered sugar. Stir in the Halloween sprinkles.
- In a separate bowl, melt the 10 ounces of white almond bark per package instructions.
- Pour melted almond bark over the Chex Mix. Be sure to stir well to coat every piece of cereal.
- Pour the covered Chex Mix into a large freezer bag. Add the cake mix, powdered sugar and sprinkles.
- Shake well until all of the Chex Mix is covered.