Surprise your favorite grill master this Father’s Day with this DIY Grill Apron!
Around our house, my husband is the cook and grill master. I thought it might be fun to whip this up as a Father’s Day present this year. Sadly he saw me creating the image so it’s no longer a surprise…LOL.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Materials needed for DIY Grill Apron
Cricut Explore or Maker
Black, red, green, orange and tan iron on vinyl
Light grip mat
Basic tool set
Fine point blade
- Begin by downloading the free file below and upload it into Cricut Design Space.
- Measure your apron and size the image appropriately in the software.
- Once finalized, send the image to cut and follow directions for cutting.
- Don’t forget to mirror your image as you are working with iron on vinyl. Otherwise your design will be backwards.
- Repeat above process for each color layer.
- Weed excess vinyl away from image using the basic tool set.
- Set EasyPress to 315 degrees. Pre-heat tshirt for 5 seconds. Arrange grill image on apron. Apply heat and pressure for 30 seconds. Flip material over and apply heat for an additional 15 seconds.
- Peel away clear liner while warm.
How much fun is that?! Kyle loved it! Even though he saw it already…
Click HERE to download your FREE SVG File!
All SVG files are for PERSONAL use only! Please do not re-sell, redistribute or claim as your own. If this printable is posted to the internet, please give credit and link back to Create.Craft.Love.
Download directions: Click link above. This will bring up a Google Drive folder. Click the download icon at the top. This will save the folder to your computer. Simply open the file and print! YOU DO NOT NEED TO ASK PERMISSION TO VIEW.
Looking for more Father’s Day ideas? Check out this No Sew Coffee Sleeve made from dad’s old shirt!
Join My Newsletter
Join my mailing list to receive the latest crafts and recipes!