Yes. I’ve been playing with pool noodles again. I think I may have a problem. Do you think there is a twelve step program for pool noodle addiction? There are just so many things you can make with these foam wonders. Reed and I were playing around the other day and came up with these cuties. These Pool Noodle Monsters are a great kids craft for a summer day!
I mean, does it get any cuter than this? Most of you probably have these supplies laying around the house!
To make your own Pool Noodle Monsters:
6 inch piece of pool noodle
Pom poms (any color)
Pipe cleaners (any color)
Hot glue gun
- Cut 6 inches off the end of a pool noodle. We used the miter saw because it was a quick and clean cut. You could totally use a kitchen knife. I like any excuse to play with my power tools though.
- Hot glue googly eyes onto your pool noodle.
- Add a pom pom nose. Again, using your hot glue gun.
- Using your scissors, create a hole in each side of the pool noodle for your straw arms. Cut about 4 inches off the long end of the bendy straw. Insert a straw into each hole.
- Cut 3 inch pieces of pipe cleaner. Curl pipe cleaner using your finger and then hot glue to the top of your pool noodle monster.
- Add some pom poms at the base of your monster for feet.
- If you want your monster to be a girl, just add a small bow to her head with your ribbon!
Aren’t they adorable?! We had such a blast putting these together! You can use the supplies I listed or get creative and start pulling things from around the house! You could also use buttons, foil, paper straws, etc. I just happened to have an entire kit of pipe cleaners laying around. (wink wink)
What do you think?!
I’d love for you to PIN this image!
Share this image on Facebook!
If you’re looking for more Pool Noodle craft ideas, check out our Pool Noodle Luminaries!
Or try our Bubble Wand Flowers!