The countdown to Rio is on, my friends! The Olympics are one of my favorite events! It’s always so cool to see how hard these young athletes have worked and sacrificed to make it to the global stage. (In all honesty, the winter games are my favorite. But I do love the summer ones too!) We love to throw a little mini family party during the Opening Ceremonies! This year for dessert, we will be munching on these Edible Olympic Medals!
These are so easy to make and the kids will love them! All you need is a package of Golden Oreos, Fruit by the Foot, white icing, and Gold Color Mist. The Gold Color Mist is made by Wilton and you can find it at Wal-mart and Michaels. It just adds a light shimmer to make them look a little more flashy. And you cannot even taste it!
- Twist open a Golden Oreo. Lay pieces side by side.
- Place a glob of icing on the Oreo half that has the most creme.
- Open Fruit by the Foot and measure out an arm’s length. Tear at that length. Place the two ends on the icing.
- Add another glob of icing on top of the Fruit by the Foot.
- Place the other half of the Oreo on top of the icing glob.
- Using the Gold Color Mist, lightly coat the outside of the Oreo.
How easy is that?! It’s such a fun little treat to make with the little ones. Reed loves helping make no bake treats like this one!
I’d LOVE for you to pin this image!
Share this image on Facebook!
We also keep a running medal count! You can download your free Medal Count Printable by clicking HERE! Printable available for Canada too!
Looking for more Olympic inspired crafts and treats? Check them out HERE!