Sponsored by Cricut
Christmas of 2011, I received a shiny new Silhouette Cameo. I seriously fell in love with its ease of use and the cartridge free accessibility. It truly opened my world to more crafting than I ever imagined. However, it was limited to paper and paper like materials.
Fast forward to January 2014…
I was invited to Salt Lake City with 100 of my closest blogger friends. The buzz was Cricut was finally launching a machine that would rival the Cameo. The creative energy was contagious. This machine was incredible. It cuts so many different materials and mediums. My mind immediately began brainstorming. Anything I’ve imagined, I have been able to create with this machine. I’ve cut metal and wood on it. METAL AND WOOD! Have I mentioned that I have yet to change my blade?
Don’t believe me? Check out this third party comparison of BOTH machines and then tell me what YOU think.
Top Ten Reasons I Made the Switch…
1. Customer service – As a medical provider in real life, I LIVE customer service. It means so much to people when you are able to connect on their level and make a difference. The good people have Cricut have gone out of their way to make their product shine. Anytime I have a question, I know that I can get it answered and answered correctly. Not to mention Ashish Arora is THE nicest man I’ve ever met! What other company CEO friends you on Facebook and tells you happy birthday? I mean seriously…
2. Versatile – This machine can cut a variety of materials and projects. I love that nothing is out of the question. I have pushed it to its limits and it definitely out performs the Cameo and even the old Cricut machines.
3. Ease of use – As a creator, I usually spend hours working on a project and figuring out short cuts to make things easier for my readers. With the Explore, I don’t have to do that leg work. It’s already done. Cricut has made it as simple as 1, 2, 3. Like a project in Design Space? Click it and it will tell you what materials are needed. Then you just click GO. It’s seriously that easy.
4. Precise – This thing is EXACT! It has such a clean and smooth finish. I have cut projects that are less than 1/2 inch and they were perfect! I’ve cut wood and metal and have yet to change my blade.
5. SVG files – Without having to upgrade to different software, I’m able to upload my own creations and the machine will cut for me. For free.
6. Print and Cut – Cricut released the print and cut feature in October and it is awesome! I cannot believe how easy it is to use. Want to make printable cupcake toppers for you kid’s birthday party? Print and cut will take you there.
7. Bluetooth adapter – Now you can design and cut WITHOUT the hassle of cords!
8. Quiet – Many of us are up into the wee hours of the morning creating after the kids have been put to bed. With this machine, you do not have to worry about waking the entire house! It’s sooooo quiet!
9. Inexpensive – ALL images in Design Space are 99 cents or less. The subscription option makes those all available to you for unlimited use.
10. Design Space App (coming January 2015) – Working on a project and have to run out to soccer practice? Take your iPad with you and finish your design. It will pick up right where you left off! Did I mention it’s free?
Still on the fence? Check out Ashish’s message!