Surprise your loved ones with pink hot chocolate for Valentine’s Day! This delicious white chocolate beverage can be spruced up with different flavorings and toppings and would be a fun addition to a hot chocolate bar.
January is always a little depressing, isn’t it? I love getting my house in order, but I miss the twinkle lights and Christmas carols. Thankfully we have pink hearts and Valentine’s Day right around the corner to pick up my mood.
This year at Christmas I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles and I bought red white chocolate melts to use as decoration. Well, I never used them (too messy!) and I kind of want to get them out of my cupboard before next December. They are red so I figured I could use them for Valentine’s Day. It’s been uber cold here in Vegas (which means it is below 60) and I’ve had hot chocolate on my mind. So I decided to try out a pink hot chocolate recipe.
This recipe is super easy to make and you can double, triple or quadruple it for more people. The red wafers tend to float up to the top, which looks pretty, but just stir to combine. I also found that it was best to keep this nice and warm while serving. Feel free to add peppermint extract or other fun flavorings to personalize each cup. I topped mine with peppermint marshmallows but whipped cream and heart sprinkles would be adorable!
Pink Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup red white chocolate melting wafers
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot over medium high heat. Heat mixture until heated through and white chocolate has melted, stirring constantly once it is warm.
- Keep heated to serve in a slow cooker.
- This recipe can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled for larger serving size.