These Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect for your summer sweet tooth! The kids will have so much fun helping with this easy recipe!
PS – This picture makes me so happy! I love the bright colors!
A couple of years ago, I wrote a post about making homemade marshmallows with Cool Whip. I got to thinking that those would be pretty tasty with some graham crackers as a fun summer treat. This last weekend, Reed and I decided to give it a try. They are delish and super easy to make!
Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Honey graham crackers
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Combine the tub of Cool Whip and 1/2 cup of water in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir into mixture.
- Line a 13 inch x 9 inch pan with wax paper.
- Pour mixture into the pan on top of the wax paper.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours.
- While you’re waiting for the mixture to freeze, break the graham crackers apart into rectangles.
- Once mixture is frozen, cut out rectangles and sandwich between two graham crackers.
- Roll the edges through sprinkles.
- Place in air tight container and store in freezer.
I’ve desperately been working on watching what I eat. In my opinion, these are the perfect serving size! Plus it’s just Cool Whip so they aren’t too horrible for you. Less than 100 calories WITH the graham cracker! I call that a win. If you really wanted to up the calorie count, try dipping them in chocolate! I bet that would be delicious!
Reed loved helping me make these! They turned out so good! You could whip these up for 4th of July and use red, white and blue sprinkles! How cute would that be?!