Homemade Spinach Dip is a must make around the holidays. Guests love it, so be sure to make a double batch!
Spinach dip is one of my favorite things. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is. If I show up to a family get together and this dip is there, I’m a happy happy girl! While I’m all about venturing out into need foods and getting creative, sometimes simple food done right is just the way to go. So get ready for one of my go-to appetizer dips recipes you can serve all year long. Just be sure to hide some away for yourself. This stuff goes fast!
For years I’d use a store bought packet of ranch dressing mix, but ever since I snagged my mom’s homemade ranch dressing mix recipe it’s my go to add-in. But I’m all about keeping things easy, so you do you. The flavor is a little different than if you use the store bought mix, but it’s still totally delicious. You can also use whatever kind of bread you like best. I used a regular french round bread for this batch, but it’s amazing with Hawaiian bread (OMG!) and sourdough works too. Get ready for dip heaven kids!
- 1 bread boule medium to large round bread
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing mix 1 ounce packet, store bought or homemade
- Salt to taste
- Bite sized veggies for dipping
- Cut a circle in the center of the bread boule, leaving a 1/2-inch edge around the outside.Remove the center of the bread. Use your hands to hollow out the bread bowl. Cut the top of the boule and bread from inside into bite sized pieces; set aside.
- Layer two paper towels on top of each other. Remove the spinach from its package and place it in the center of the paper towels. Wrap the spinach up and then wring it out over the sink to remove as much of the excess liquid as you are able. Remove the spinach from the towels and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- To the spinach add the sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Mix well to combine. Season with salt as desired, to taste.
- Transfer the spinach dip to your bread bowl. Place the bread bowl on a serving platter. Spread the bread pieces and veggies around the dip. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hungry for more?