Santa Belly Jello Shots are an easy to make cocktail your holiday party goers with love!
Who doesn’t love Santa around Christmas time? Okay, maybe the Grinch. But that big old tummy in a bright red suit just screams Christmas to me! So I decided to turn one of my favorite party cocktails into unique jello shots you can serve all through the holiday season!
Make your own Santa Belly Jello Shots
We have a tradition that started when I was growing up. Every Christmas Eve I read our kids ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas. One of my favorite lines is, “He had a broad face and a little round belly, that shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.” These shots totally jiggle like Santa’s belly! Love love love!
I went with the easy option of adding a dollop of whipped cream in the middle of the shot to add the belt buckle to. If you want to get all fancy, you can pipe a line of whipped cream across the cup (piping bag with a #10 round tip) and put the buckle in the center. But I’m all about easy prep ad then popping these bad boys! They’re sure to get you on the Nice List!
Santa Belly Jello Shots
- One 3 ounce package cherry Jell-O gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup good vodka
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounce plastic ramekin cups
- Piping bag or ziploc bag
- Place the Jell-O mix in a mixing bowl. Pour in boiling water and whisk to combine.
- Add the cold water and vodka. Whisk to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with 12 plastic ramekin cups. Pour the gelatin into the cups, filling each one almost up to the edge.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill until the Jell-O is set, about 2-3 hours.
- While the shots cool, Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each heating, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Transfer the chocolate to a piping bag (or a ziploc bag with the corner cut off) and pipe the chocolate onto the waxed paper in a square or rectangle, belt buckle shape. I make a few extra buckles that way in case any break I have back ups.
- Place the buckles in the freezer so the chocolate will harden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the fridge. Squirt a little whipped cream into the middle of the shot. (You can put the whipped cream in a piping bag with a star tip to get the same effect if using homemade whipped cream or Cool Whip.)
- Remove the chocolate belt buckles from the freezer. Carefully peel the buckles off the waxed paper and place them in the center of the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hungry for more?