Creamy Pesto Ricotta Dip is an easy party appetizer with classic flavors everyone will love!
I love love love ricotta cheese! I put it on my pizza, slathered it in between layers of noodles, sauce, and cheese in lasagna, and spread it on crostini to make bruschetta. It’s wonderful! Yet, in all my ricotta swooning, I’ve never made a ricotta based dip. So today is the day kids!
This dip is rich and creamy. You can make the consistency thinner or thicker based on how much sour cream you add. (I made mine on the thin side this time.) I adore the addition of balsamic marinated tomatoes to this dip. The vinegar cuts through the rich dip and helps balance everything out. Classic Italian flavors in an easy to make dip. Bam! Appetizer dip recipes are perfect party food for any time of year!
Pesto Ricotta Dip
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Crostini garlic toast, or crackers for dipping
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ricotta and sour cream until smooth. If you feel like the dip is too thick, you can add a little more sour cream until your desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the pesto until well combined. (Or stir the pesto briefly so it's kind of swirled on the top.)
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and oil. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes to the tomatoes can marinate a little.
- Carefully spoon the tomatoes into the center of the dip. You can leave the excess dressing in the bowl, or drizzle it on the dip as well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Hungry for more?