We spent Christmas at a cute little cabin tucked away in the Smoky Mountains. Since we were renting the house, there were no decorations to be found. My dad found a tutorial on Pinterest for paper Christmas light garland and put the kids to work. While they were busy crafting, I started thinking how cute that would be for Easter. This Paper Carrot Garland is a great kids craft and can be done without a cutting machine!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my disclosure here.
Materials needed to make Paper Carrot Garland
- Orange cardstock
- Green cardstock
- Scissors and/or paper trimmer
- Hot glue gun or glue sticks
- Hole punch
- Hemp cord
- Begin by cutting your paper into strips. Cut the orange cardstock into 1 inch strips. This will create the body of your carrot. Cut the green paper into 2.5 inch strips. This will create the leafy fringe for the top of your carrot.
- Fold the orange strip in half.
- Open up the strip. Fold one end in half way. Repeat on the other side.
- This is what is will look like.
- Fold the edges about 1/2 inch.
- Take your green strip and begin cutting the fringe. Be sure not to cut all the way to the other edge!
- Glue your green fringe to the small fold on one side of the carrot. Wrap around the carrot and glue in place on the other side.
- Trim the excess green fringe and glue in place on the back of the carrot top.
- Fluff out the green fringe to put the finishing touch on your carrot!
- Repeat steps 1-9 until you have the desired amount of carrots for your garland!
I used my 1/16 hole punch to punch holes in the side of the leafy green top. Punch two holes on top of each other. You want this opening small so the carrots will slide and stay in place on the hemp cord. Repeat this process until you have holes on each side of your carrots.
Thread the hemp cord through the holes. String up your carrots.
How stinkin’ cute is that?! I love how bright they are!
Aren’t these perfect for Easter!? I bet the Easter Bunny will love them!
I’d love for you to pin this image!
Share this image on Facebook!
Looking for more great Easter ideas?! Check out our Bunny Luminary Jars!
Or how about our Paper Carrot Boxes!