The other night, Reed asked my husband to make popcorn again for the third time in a week. The kid didn’t even like popcorn until a month ago. I admit I am not the biggest popcorn fan so I don’t ever eat it when they make it. What was this all about? I had to try it. OMG – amazing! I asked Kyle what he put on it and he was all, “A little of this, a little of that.”. Seriously? I made him sit down and figure out the proportions so I could share it with all of you. This Homemade Popcorn Seasoning will take plain old popcorn and turn it gourmet!
You probably have this combination of spices in your spice rack. Here’s your shopping list!
Butter flavoring sprinkles (aka – Molly McButter)
Sea salt (mellow variety)
Lawry’s seasoning salt
Homemade Popcorn Seasoning
- 3 tsp butter flavoring sprinkles
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt - finely ground mellow variety
- 1 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne optional
- 1/4 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp finely ground parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- Combine the base which consists of butter flavoring sprinkles, sea salt, Lawry's seasoning salt, and ground parmesan cheese.
- Add seasonings - garlic powder, paprike, cumin, ground mustard, black pepper, cayenne. and celery salt.
- Mix well and sprinkle of your freshly popped popcorn!
Don’t worry about the parmesan being refrigerated. The salt will prevent any bacteria from being harbored.
This is now my favorite snack! But you have to use fresh popcorn. Don’t use the microwave stuff. It’s way better if you pop it on the stove and then sprinkle this on while still hot.