Fall is here and so is pumpkin everything! My husband began experimenting with pumpkin desserts last fall. These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting were a huge hit! If I could bottle up the scent of these while they were baking, I’d be a millionaire.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
1-1/3 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse grain salt
¾ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp ginger
½ tsp ground clove
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup unsalted butter melted
15 ounces pumpkin puree
1/2 cup buttermilk
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place liners in a cupcake pan
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy. Add in pumpkin puree, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and beat some more. Add the eggs one at a time while beating.
- Thoroughly combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ way up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool then apply frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces softened butter
8 ounces softened cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and beat a little more.
- Slowly add sugar while beating and beat until desired consistency
- Optional: Add ½ cup of real maple syrup (not the maple flavored corn syrup varieties) for an added fall twist!