This month’s Teach Me to Cook theme was Mexican food in honor of Cinco de Mayo! My husband has the BEST Taco Recipe! He has been perfecting it for the better part of a decade. It’s flavorful, mildly spicy and always cooked to perfection. I had him teach me the secret to these amazing tacos. And it wasn’t hard at all! Thankfully, he is letting me share it with all of you!
The picture shows both the traditional taco and the low calorie version! Using a green pepper instead of the tortilla shell adds the perfect amount of flavor with all of the crunch! Either way, this recipe packs a punch!
Our secret for great tortilla shells? Add some parmesan inside the shell before throwing them in the oven. You will love the extra taste!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 diced anaheim pepper (substitute jalapeno or habanero to crank up the spicy)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Bell Peppers
- Fresh Garlic to taste
- Olive Oil
- Taco Fixings
- Diced onion
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomato
- Remove the top of the bell peppers and remove the inner flesh and seeds leaving a nice cup. If you would prefer the pepper crunchy, you can stop and proceed to the taco filling. To soften the pepper and make it a little easier to eat, bring some water to a boil and submerge the peppers for 1-2 minutes. You can then place them in a 350° oven for 7-10 minutes.
- In a skillet on medium high heat, warm up 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Add ½ cup diced onion, diced Anaheim pepper (or spicier pepper), and minced garlic to skillet. Sautee this mixture for 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and brown thoroughly. When finished drain the ground beef and rinse out the skillet. When fully drained place the ground beef mixture back into the skillet.
- Per the instructions on the taco seasoning, add the seasoning to the meat and reduce on low-medium heat.
- Fill the peppers with the meat and choice of fixings and eat.
These are seriously amazing! The flavor is off the charts!
Perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
Add one of these amazing Margarita Recipes too!