You guys. I completely overdosed on sugar over the holidays. My blood sugar may be close to 500. I need a little salty to balance out all the sweet. Not to mention, I’m totally going through the post holiday blues. The next thing I have to look forward to is Super Bowl Sunday. So I decided to whip up a batch of this party classic. This Classic Party Mix Recipe will flood your taste buds with memories of your childhood!
Party mix is one of my favorite things to make for large groups! Not to mention, it is healthier than throwing a bag of chips and dip on the table. (Nothing wrong with chips and dip though.) My recipe excludes nuts because I don’t like them. But you could easily add them to yours. I substituted Cheerios for Wheat Chex because the Cheerios absorb the spices so much better! It really adds a fun and different flavor to the mix!
Party tip: Place in festive cupcake holders for easy serving option!
3 cups Rice Chex
3 cups Corn Chex
3 cups Cheerios
1 cup broken garlic bagel chips
1 cup pretzels
6 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Optional: 1 cup mixed nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix cereal, bagel chips, and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Mix in your spices and seasoning.
- Pour butter and spice mix in bottom of a roasting pan.
- Add the cereal mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Roast for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt once out of the oven and serve!
This variation on the Classic Party Mix Recipe is full of flavor! It is one of my favorite low fat snacks too! Serve up a batch for your Super Bowl Party!
I’d love for you to pin this image!
Share this image on Facebook!