These Easy Reindeer Cookies are perfect for a last minute Christmas treat. Oreo cookies are dipped in chocolate and then decorated with candy and pretzels to make a cute, friendly reindeer.
Hello, Create. Craft. Love! I’m back this month with another fun recipe. I don’t know about you, but I love Christmas baking! Of course we make cut out cookies every year with our favorite cream cheese cookie recipe. We also love to mix up huge batches of Slow Cooker Chex Mix to snack on during Christmas movies. And it’s just not Christmas without a few batches of Butter Pecan Fudge. But after all that cooking and baking, I’m ready for something quick and easy.
My kids love these fun reindeer cookies. These are especially festive if you use peppermint or holiday sandwich cookies, but double stuff really work the best! It takes a little practice to get use to dipping the cookies in the chocolate so practice with a few first and don’t get frustrated. It’s a messy job, but someone’s got to do it. Plus you get to eat the test subjects – yea!
- Melting milk chocolate
- Cinnamon dots
- White writing icing
- Mini Pretzels
- Break pretzels in half and set aside.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave in 15 second intervals. Mix in between times and continue until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dunk the Oreos in the chocolate and place aside on wax paper.
- While the chocolate is still wet, place a cinnamon dot on the cookie for the nose.
- Put one pretzel half on each side of the head as the antlers.
- Use the white icing and put two dots for the eyes. Use a fork to put a small dot of milk chocolate in the middle of the eye.
- Allow the chocolate to harden and they are ready to be enjoyed.