My Halloween Muddy Buddies were a huge success! I made three batches that were quickly devoured at my office. Suffice it to say, they are incredibly addictive! The Halloween version featured Reese’s Pieces. My Easter Muddy Buddies feature pastel Sixlets to add a little extra pop of flavor!
For this version, I used Pink Velvet Cake Mix instead of the standard Funfetti. The taste is a bit more mild – not quite the white cake flavor of Funfetti. But I think it blends well with the Sixlets. This recipe is almost identical to the Halloween version except for the substitution of the Pink Velvet cake mix and the Sixlets. I created a new Ziplist for it in case this is your first landing page!
My husband likes this recipe better than the Halloween one! I think he likes the Sixlets too!
5 cups Rice Chex
10 ounces of vanilla almond bark
1 1/2 cups of pink velvet cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pour the Rice Chex in a large bowl.
- In large ziploc bag, place the cake mix and powdered sugar. Shake to mix completely.
- Melt almond bark according to package instructions.
- Pour melted almond bark over the Rice Chex. Mix thoroughly with large spoon.
- Pour the cereal/almond bark mix into the large bag with the powdered sugar and cake mix. Zip bag closed and shake until all of the cereal is coated with the powdery mix.
- Add sprinkles and sixlets and shake again.
Bet you can’t just eat one handful!!
Easter Muddy Buddies
This sweet and crunchy snack is perfect for big parties!
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 10 ounces white almond bark
- 3/4 cup Pink Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Spring sprinkles
- Pastel Sixlets
1. Place 5 cups of Rice Chex in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix together the cake mix and powdered sugar. Stir in the spring sprinkles.
3. In a separate bowl, melt 10 ounces of white almond bark per package instructions.
4. Pour melted almond bark over the Chex. Be sure to stir well to coat each piece of Chex.
5. Pour the covered chex mix into a large gallon ziplock bag. Add the cake mix, powdered sugar and sprinkle mixture.
6. Shake well until all the Chex is covered. Add the Sixlets.