Sponsored by Demarle At Home
Fresh cranberries arrived at our local store this week so it’s officially time to break out the autumn recipes. I find most berry recipes a little sweet for my tastes, but the crisp tart flavor of cranberries is a perfect complement to the sweeter fare found this time of year. Cranberry compote on waffles is a favorite breakfast of mine, so I thought I would try making a hearty cranberry breakfast muffin. This also gives me the opportunity to try out our new Flexipan Muffin Tray. These Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins are a great make ahead breakfast for fall!
These muffins turned out perfectly in our new muffin tray! The Flexipan Muffin Tray is completely non-stick which means easy clean up for you! No need to spray, grease or flour before adding the batter.
Once your food has cooled 10-15 minutes, they will fall out without sticking to the pan! It’s like magic!
Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl add the buttermilk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Whisk until even.
- Beat in 2 eggs one at a time until even.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the mixture. You don’t want to overdo it here, and a lumpy batter is perfectly acceptable.
- Fold in the cranberries
- Place the Flexipan® muffin tray on a medium perforated baking sheet. Do not spray, grease, or add paper liners. The Flexipan® is designed to be completely non-stick and once the tray has cooled, the muffins fall right out.
- Evenly add batter to each depression.
- Keeping the tray on the perforated baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes
- Carefully invert the Flexipan® and the muffins should slide right out.
I received free product for the purpose of this post. All opinions are 100% my own. You can read my full disclosure here.